As a part of our ongoing endeavour, we have taken certain steps to improve our customer service quality and provide our customers with banking services which meet their expectations best. From June 2021, we will be asking our customers to provide their consents to send them personalised offers adjusted according to their individual needs, personalised financing and insurance limits and offers together with partners.
In the future, we plan to send you personalised suggestions to equip you with tools that would help you make your financial decisions easier. Submission of consents to process personal data for marketing purposes will be available in iBank, in branches or your personal banking manager will assist you in doing this. Please be reminded that customers can visit our branches by appointment only.
As part of implementation of the changes, we have reviewed what personal data we process when creating offers to our customers. The new approach will help us understand the growing customers’ expectations about personalised information they receive and ensure proper personal data processing. Careful and transparent processing of customer data is needed to guarantee greater control in terms of customers’ personal data.
Personal suggestions and messages will be sent to our customers in the same way as before – in iBank and mobile app, some relevant information will be provided in ATMs, in branches or by phone. Customers may also choose to receive offers by email, SMS or by regular post by giving a separate consent.
The new approach will be enacted gradually: we will contact our customers asking for consents and will be collecting consents until 31 July 2022. Changes regarding consents will be applied within 5 days.
We will stop processing personal data according to the existing procedure, namely, profiling data based on legitimate interest on 1 August 2022. You will be able to give your consent to profile personal data at any time in iBank or in a branch.
Regarding customers who will not provide their consents to profile their personal data, we will not be able to offer any personalised products or service suggestions.
Moreover, section “Personal suggestions” has been replaced by “Relevant information”. As of 1 August 2022, data categories which will be processed when preparing relevant information will change as well as the data controller who processes data.
- If you do not object, we will continue sending you relevant information, e.g., birthday greetings, newsletters, invitations to events, on the legal basis of legitimate interest.
- If you want to continue receiving personal suggestions, please give us your consent(s) to profile your personal data; otherwise, following 31 July 2022, we will not be able to send you personal suggestions or advice.
- Presently companies of the Swedbank Group registered in Lithuania (Data Controllers – Swedbank, AB, Swedbank Lizingas, UAB, Swedbank Investicijų Valdymas, UAB, Swedbank P&C Insurance AS Lithuanian branch, Swedbank Life Insurance SE Lithuanian branch) process the following categories of data: identification and contact details; information on your bank account and payment transactions; demographic data; information on used products, services, channels and previous experience in using them; financial data (including your income); data on your participation in special programmes for bank customers; data on your family status, properties and professional data, etc.
- As of 1 August 2022, only Swedbank, AB will perform the functions of the Data Controller and will process the following categories of data for the above mentioned purpose: identification and contact details; data on your bank account(s); demographic data; information on the channels you have chosen to access bank services; data on your participation in special programmes designed for Swedbank customers.
To be more specific, as of 1 August 2022, we will stop processing your personal data required for calculation of personal loan limits, where such data processing is based on the legitimate interest of Swedbank. To further receive this type of offers, please submit your Consent to Personalised Financing and Insurance Limits.
- Answers to FAQ are available here
- Please click here to give your consent and set any other preferences regarding personal data processing.
Personal data is any information that can be linked to a person. This includes identity data such as your name, contact information, card payment information, operations performed at a branch, agreements you have entered into, and information we obtain about you in your communication with our Consultation Centre.
The data we collect depends on the services you use. We may collect information such as your name, identification code, date of birth or preferred language of communication. We also ask for data when you contact us via Internet Banking, a mobile application, or when you visit our branches, email us, or call us. Personal data is also data acquired from 3rd parties such as public registries, for example the Population Register.
Swedbank limits the processing of customer data to a minimum and you can control what data you want to share with us. Your personal data will be stored no longer than necessary for the purpose of the processing activity.
Read more in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data chapter 3
Your data is used to provide you with products and services you’ve requested and to ensure that you can conveniently use them. We also use your data to improve our products and service quality by conducting customer surveys and market analyses. Last but not least, your personal data helps us to prevent money laundering, and enables us to carry out credit and risk assessments.
The personal data you have entrusted to us allows us to serve you in line with your preferences, as well as providing you with customised support and advice.
We also process your personal data to be able to create tailor-made offers to you. You can also choose whether or not you want such customer experience.
Read more in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data chapter 5
In order to provide our customers with smooth experience and an overview of all products used within the Swedbank Group, we may need to share some personal data between Swedbank Group companies.
We also may need to share data with other parties in order to execute transactions or to provide products you have requested. This way we can improve the value of the financial services and products we offer. We also share data when required by law or when otherwise legally obligated to do so, as well as in order to maintain the security of our products.
Read more in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data chapter 8
Any changes made in how we use your personal data on our own initiative or in connection with amendments to applicable laws or regulations will be available in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data.
Swedbank communicates any changes to the Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data via messages, confirmations or reminders by post, e-mail, phone, Internet Banking, mobile application Swedbank applications and Swedbank social media accounts.
Read more in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data chapter 13
If you have any concern, question or complaint regarding personal data, please contact us using your preferred means of communication.
Read more in Swedbank Principles of Processing Personal Data chapter 12