Payment cards servicing is a bank service enabling merchants to accept card payments for goods or services with the help of electronic card reader (card terminals).
Swedbank offers card payment service solutions for most business sectors depending on specific needs and types of activities.
- Card payments can be accepted by any legal person or a natural person engaged in individual registered business or working under a business licence.
- You don't need to conclude a long-term agreement if your activity is seasonal or You need to accept card payments only during an exhibition.
Why accepting card payments is beneficial for your business?
How card payments work?
How to start using the service?
What fees are charged for the card payment service?
Why it is worth choosing card terminal offered by Swedbank?
The latest Terms and Conditions of the Payment Card Servicing agreement and of Terminal Rental Agreement are available on the page Bank conditions.
In accordance with the Regulation, the Bank must provide merchants with the components of Commission fees, additionally specifying interchange fees and fees charged by International card organisations. Indicative values of these fees are available in this document, while exact values will be presented to merchants in the monthly point of sale and transaction based report (IFR report).
Instruction on Security Elements and Acceptance of Payments Cards forms an integral part of the service agreement. Please note that the Merchant, when accepting card based payments, undertakes an obligation to observe the latest version of the above-mentioned instruction, and must introduce it to his employees, to whom such information is relevant.
Attention! From 1st of January, 2019 a new version of the "Instruction on Security Elements and Acceptance of Payment Cards" comes into force, which you can read here. Changes were done in point 1.2.
More information about the available reports (on accepted card payments) and its specification is available here.
For Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about card payments please click here.
Setting up a smart card terminal and user instructions
For the instructions for the setting up and use of Swedbank‘s smart terminal please click here.
In order to start using this service please make sure that you have:
- Concluded with Swedbank a Payment Card Servicing agreement;
- Acquired a smart terminal;
- An appropriate smartphone or tablet (Android 4.1.1. or iOS 8 or later version) with Internet and Bluetooth connection;
- Activated access to Swedbank internet bank and have the right to log in to the internet bank for business;
- Installed the latest version of Swedbank App in your mobile device;
- An email account for the receipt of copies of sales receipts and card payment reports as well as for sending them to your customers.
For more information about the use and maintenance of smart terminals please contact:
Telephone: +370 5 205 8822
Swedbank has been implementing a contactless payment technology in Lithuania, which has already been successfully functioning in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Spain, France, Poland and other countries.
How to use contactless payment cards
- To be able to pay for a purchase by simply placing the card near the terminal or pinpad, both the payment terminal and the card must be equipped with the contactless technology. Using a card with a PIN remains mandatory when paying larger amounts.
- No signing of receipts.
- No printing of receipts (unless requested by the buyer)
- No entering of PIN (in some cases the terminal may request a PIN for security reasons).
- Contactless cards may be used for payments of up to EUR 25
Contactless payment cards are highly secure:
Information for merchants
In order to support merchants in payment card acceptance and help avoiding various risks, we have provided useful videos explaining the card acceptance process and principles in a nutshell. If you have any question, please contact the bank or find out more on www.swedbank.lv